At Kleinpeter, our philosophy is that educated patients will achieve better outcomes. Research shows that quality assurance programs
combined with patient education increase patient compliance and improve outcomes. Some therapy providers follow quality
assurance programs while most do not.
- At Kleinpeter, patients receive a detailed explanation summarizing their recommended treatment program. Emphasis is placed on issues that affect pain management, speed of recovery, and restoring maximum function.
- Kleinpeter Physical Therapy coordinates care with the patient’s physician.
- Upon completion of care, Kleinpeter patients are surveyed to assure consistency and a high level of patient satisfaction. This provides important data on patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Kleinpeter provides care best suited to patients, NOT insurance companies. Many PT providers set up their practice to minimize costs in response to the continued pressure from insurance companies. One of the most common industry-wide reactions to this pressure is to reduce the services provided or increase the use of aides. Kleinpeter recognizes that this can greatly impact the quality of care and the patient experience.
- The Policy at Kleinpeter is that we do everything possible to ensure patients complete their program. Our staff will exert every effort to schedule you with the same clinicians at each visit.
- Kleinpeter provides all the PT services needed within each visit, regardless of whether those services are covered by insurance. And, we do not bill the patient for those services. Examples are massage and hot packs and cold packs that are not covered by many insurance plans.
- At Kleinpeter, waiting is viewed as a major inconvenience – unacceptable to you and to us. Time spent in the reception area shouldn’t exceed 5 minutes, except in rare situations. We view your time as valuable.
- Kleinpeter is the only clinic in the area to include a no-charge post-rehab visit with every plan of care. This additional visit helps reduce the risk of recurrence and promotes continued progress after discharge.
Therapists in the state of Louisiana are required to meet certain licensing criteria. This includes 20 hours of continuing education per year. If a therapist is scraping by with the bare minimum, it tells you a bit about their commitment to the profession. You should ask yourself, “Do you want a team of therapists that meet only minimum requirements?”
- At Kleinpeter, all our clinical staff are required to take more than the minimum of ongoing continuing education courses. These courses are paid for by Kleinpeter. We provide educational opportunities for our staff to be on the cutting edge of new therapies as they become available.
To optimize outcomes, therapists should use the latest evidence based clinical tools to assess and treat orthopedic, neurological, and pain conditions. Believe it or not, many therapists find themselves out of touch with the latest evidence based treatments.
- At Kleinpeter, all care is supervised by the Senior Therapist that has evidence based practice training.